Here’s how to get started:
- Start copying things to your clipboard with ⌘C. (Clipster will save everything.)
- If you decide you want to use a saved clipboard, hit Control+Option+Command+/. A list of past clipboards will appear on the right side. Use the arrow keys to select one and hit Enter to put that back on your clipboard.(You can change the hotkeys in Preferences.)If you want Clipster to automatically paste that clipboard where you are working, you’ll need to give Clipster permission. Here is how:
- Go to System Preferences → Security & Privacy → Privacy → Accessibility
- Click the lock and enter your user password.
- Click on the ‘+’.
- In your Applications folder, choose Clipster.
- Click the checkbox next to the Clipster icon.
- If you want to combine/edit clipboards, hit Control+Option+Command+. to see Clipster’s main window and Scratch Pad. From there, click any clip and it will be inserted into the Scratch Pad. If you want to save the Scratch Pad, hit the ‘+’ sign and it will also be copied to your clipboard.
When an Auto Peek URL is copied to the clipboard, a window will automatically open containing the web page for the URL. If it’s not clicked on, the window will disappear in a few seconds.
This is very helpful if you would like to see a the page for a link before sending it to someone. For example, if you add the string “cl.ly”, every time you copy a CloudApp link to your clipboard, the preview will automatically open.
You can add Auto Peek URLs in Clipster → Preferences.
When ‘Look up URLS’ is enabled in Clipster → Preferences, Clipster will automatically fetch the title of each URL you copy to your clipboard and store it as the Clip’s memo.
If you would like Clipster to look up URLS that require a log-in, click ‘Open Web Page to Autheticate’, navigate to the webpage and sign in (e.g. if you sign into JIRA, then Clipster can store the name of each ticket when the URL is copied to the clipboard).
You can choose to skip any URLs that don’t have helpful titles.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org